Here are a few of the key statistics on enrollment for the HIV trials studied:
- -Highest trial enrollment rates were from a single industry sponsor. Higher trail enrollment rates were not observed with a collaboration
- -Government agencies were the only group who benefited from higher sight enrollement rates when collaborating with another party for AIDS clinical trials
- -Site enrollment rates increased as the number of sponsors increased
- -Collaborative trails saw a higher enrollment rate than single sponsors
- -Collaborations saw higher sight enrollment rates across all trial sizes
See how one government organization, NCATS, is collaborating with industry to speed up drug development in the presentation How a Collaboration between the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) and Transparency Life Sciences is Accelerating Drug Development this April at Partnerships in Clinical Trials. For more information on this session and the rest of the program, download the agenda. As a reader of this blog, when you register to join us and mention code XP2000BL, you can save $100 off the current rate.