What is the greatest issue or challenge facing clinical research development today and how do you think it should be addressed?
"The single greatest challenge in the industry today is that the field has thought of itself as being commoditized" -Atul Butte, Director of the Institute for Computational Health Sciences, UCSF
The Partnerships in Clinical Trials team were able to sit down with many industry experts to get their professional opinion in regards to the greatest challenges facing clinical research development today. We were joined by;
- Atul Butte, Director of the Institute for Computational Health Sciences, UCSF
- Cathy Dawson, Director of Medical Scientific Affairs Group, Aesculap
- Isan Chen, Chief Medical Officer, Mirati Therapeutics
- Jayne Gershkowitz, VP of Patient & Professional Advocacy, Amiscus
- Mike Collins, VP or Global Clinical Operations, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Gary Thompson, Senior Director of Data Sciences, Eli Lilly & Co.
This panel of experts had a variety of answers as to what challenges they felt were plaguing the industry. Responses ranged from consolidation driven by big data and EHRs, to the bureaucracy around starting up a study and activating sites, all the way to the selection of scientifically solid targets to appeal to venture capitalists and investors.
See what the experts had to say...
Continue the conversation by joining us this October in Boston for Partnerships in Clinical Trials, see where the industry is headed by learning from the brightest minds in the space. Use the VIP code "P2100BLOG" to save $100 off the current rate. Click here to save.